- On the Website;
- In email or other electronic messages between you and Apostera through the Website;
- When you interact with any application on a third party website which links back to our Website;
Apostera collects certain information or data about you when you use our Website.
- questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address if you contact Apostera;
- your email address and subscription preferences when you sign up for our email newsletter;
- your Internet Protocol (IP) address, and details about what web browser version you use;
- information on how you use the site, using cookies;
- personal information contained in your CV sent through our Career section.
This data can be used to:
- improve the site by monitoring how you use it;
- gather feedback to improve our services, for example, our email newsletter;
- respond to any feedback you send us if you've asked us to;
- send an email newsletter to visitors who request it;
- make decisions concerning your employment.
The processing and use of your data for advertising purposes is only done with your consent. You can revoke a given consent at any time with future effect.
Apostera will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to project administrators, employees, contractors, and affiliated organizations, as described above, Apostera discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only when required to do so by law, if you give permission to have your information shared, or when Apostera believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Apostera, third parties, or the public at large.
If you are a registered user of the Website and have supplied your email address, Apostera may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what's going on with Apostera and our products. We primarily use our blog to communicate this type of information, so we expect to keep this type of email to a minimum.
If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. Apostera takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information. Sharing with third parties
Apostera discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of project administrators, employees, contractors, and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on Apostera's behalf or to provide services available through Apostera, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using the Website, you consent to the transfer of such information to them.
We also share information with the following third parties:
• Third party service providers (for example advertising and event / marketing services, information technology, product delivery, website hosting, data analysis, IT services, auditing, payment processing or customer service and other service providers) in order for these third parties to provide services on behalf of Apostera;
• As required by law, to comply with a legal obligation, in connection with a request from a public or governmental authority, or in connection with court or tribunal proceedings, to prevent loss of life or injury, or to protect our rights or property. Where possible and practical, and where we are legally permitted to do so, we will tell you in advance of such disclosure.
• Relevant third parties as part of a contemplated or actual corporate transaction such as a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
• With third parties that are not suppliers or vendors but are working with us to offer certain opportunities such as sweepstakes, contests, and similar promotions, to enable joint products or research studies, or to facilitate services like message boards, blogs or other shared platforms. In these cases, additional terms or privacy notices will be provided where required. Newsletter
Our Website can be used to subscribe to newsletters. The data provided during newsletter registration will be used only for the purposes of sending out the newsletter, provided you have not consented to other use. You can cancel the subscription at any time by using the unsubscribe option provided in the newsletter. Use of Сookies
We use MailChimp to distribute our newsletter to visitors who have subscribed to it. We collect personal data via Mailchimp which includes your email. You can find more information regarding MailChimp's privacy practices on their website: https://mailchimp.com/ Google Marketing
If you are an individual from the European Economic Area (EEA), our legal basis for collecting and using your personal data will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. However, we will generally collect personal information from you only where: (a) we have your consent to do so, (b) we need the personal information to perform a contract with you (e.g., to enter into an employment agreement), (c) legal obligations or (d) the processing is in our or a third party's legitimate interests (and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms). In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person. Your rights in relation to your information
Where the processing of your personal data is within the scope of the EU General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR
"), you have rights as an individual which you can exercise in relation to the information we hold about you under certain circumstances. These rights are to:
- request access to your personal data (commonly known as a "data subject access request") and request certain information in relation to its processing;
- request rectification of your personal data;
- request the erasure of your personal data;
- request the restriction of processing of your personal data;
- object to the processing of your personal data;
- request the transfer of your personal data to another party.
If you want to exercise one of these rights please use the contact details set out in the 'Contact Us' section below.
You also have the right to make a complaint at any time to a supervisory authority for data protection issues.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we reserve the right to keep any information in our archives that we deem necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. Privacy of Minors
To access or use our Website you must be 16 years of age or older; otherwise, your use of our Website must be under the supervision of a parent or guardian or another responsible adult. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us. If we become aware that a child under 16 has provided us with personal information without parental consent, we remove such information and terminate the child's account. How Long We Keep Your Personal Information
We will retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, accounting or reporting requirements and our legitimate interests in maintaining such personal information in our records. This is also the case for anyone that we share your personal information with and who carries out services on our behalf.
In doing this, we will have regard to the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances, your personal data may be anonymised so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case it is no longer personal data.
Once we no longer require your personal data for the purposes for which it was collected, we will securely destroy your personal data in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. Security Safeguards
Apostera uses technical and organizational security measures to protect the data we hold about you against accidental or deliberate manipulation, loss, deletion or unauthorized access. Our security measures are being improved continuously as new technology develops. Other Important Privacy Information Data storage
We store your data on secure servers in the European Economic Area. Data Controller
The information about you that we collect, process and/or use through www.apostera.com
is controlled by Apostera GmbH (Feringastraße 10a, 85774 Unterföhring, Germany). Transfer of data
If you are a data subject from the EEA, please note that for the purposes described in this policy Apostera may transfer your personal data outside of the EEA to its affiliates. We take additional measures when information is transferred from the EEA. This includes having standard clauses approved by the European Commission in our contracts with parties that receive information outside the EEA. We also rely on European Commission adequacy decisions about certain countries, as applicable, for data transfers to countries outside the EEA. If you would like to inquire more concerning measures we take to ensure the secure transfer and processing of your information, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
Your only remedy, if you do not accept the terms of this Policy, is to discontinue use of this website and cancel processing of your personal data by clicking on the unsubscribe button in our newsletter or sending us an email. Contact Us
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com
or by mail using the details provided below:
Apostera GmbH Feringastraße 10a, 85774 Unterföhring, Germany